AMENDED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF ANALEMMA SOCIETY
We hereby associate to form a non-stock corporation under the provisions of Chapter 10 of Title 13.1 of the Code of Virginia and to that end set forth the following:
- The name of the corporation is ANALEMMA SOCIETY
- The purpose of the corporation is to develop awareness, appreciation, and understanding of science through astronomy for children and adults through educational programs, publishing, and the operation of an observatory.
- The purpose for which the corporation is organized are exclusively charitable, scientific, and educational within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, this organization shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by any organization exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
Amended Articles of Incorporation Page 1 of 3
- In the event of dissolution the residual assets of the organization will be turned over to one or more organizations which themselves are exempt as organizations described in sections 501(c)(3) and 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or corresponding sections of any prior or future Internal Revenue Code, or to the Federal, State, or local government for exclusive public purposes.
- The corporation is to have members. These members are those that join the Society and are current in their annual dues. Each member shall have one vote in the affairs of the Society.
- The directors of the corporation are to be selected by the members at the annual meeting, and shall serve for one year.
- The duration of the corporation's existence shall be perpetual.
- The provisions governing the regulation of the internal affairs of the corporation shall be as set forth in the By-Laws.
- The post office address, including street and number of the initial registered office is: 774-C Walker Road, P.O. Box 820, Great Falls, VA 22066, which is located in the County of Fairfax, Virginia.
Amended Articles of Incorporation Page 2 of 3
- The name of the initial registered agent is Charles G. Preston, Esquire, who is a resident of Virginia, a member of the Virginia State Bar, and whose business office is the same as the registered office of the corporation.
- The name and address of the initial director is: Charles Olin, 9447 Rabbit Hill Road, Great Falls, VA 22066.
- The Amendments were adopted by all the Directors in office without membership action, which membership action is not required under the Articles of Incorporation, these Amended Articles of Incorporation or the By-Laws of the Analemma Society.
The undersigned President declares that the facts herein state are true as of February 16, 2000.
Charles Olin, President